2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Ford Mustang Mach-E
- Starting at $42,995 MSRP*
- All-electric powertrain with standard-range (72.0 kWh lithium-ion battery) and extended-range (91.0 kWh battery) options with a targeted maximum range of an EPA-estimated 312 miles
- Mach-E GT Performance Edition 0-60 MPH in 3.5 seconds (480 horsepower / 634 lb-ft of torque)
- Drainable front trunk storage unit with 4.8 cubic feet and interior cargo capacity of 59.7 cubic feet
- Three unique drive experiences – Whisper, Engage, and Unbridled
- Next-generation SYNC with 15.5-inch touchscreen display
- Charge time – 10% to 80% in approximately 45 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station (standard range)
- Ford Mobile Charger (included) adds an estimated average range of 28 miles per charging hour on a 240V outlet
About the Ford Mustang Mach-E
In more than 5 decades of the legendary Ford Mustang being an icon on American roads, there has never been a more electrifying milestone than the debut of the all-electric Mustang Mach-E. Infused with the same attitude that’s helped the Mustang earn a cult following with drivers all over the world, the Mustang Mach-E boasts athletic performance, an unbridled spirit, and eye-catching styling. Initially imagined just a few blocks from the original Ford factory in Detroit, MI – the concept of the Mustang Mach-E was inspired by the idea of combining versatility with performance. Its bold, chiseled SUV profile is the perfect complement to its agile handling characteristics and thrilling all-electric powertrain. Great for individuals living active lifestyles, drivers can choose between two battery packs, access DC fast charging stations, and enjoy the convenience of the standard on-board Ford mobile charger. Customizable drive modes, cutting-edge multimedia features, and a truly unparalleled driving experience help showcase the strengths of the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
What the Critics Say
What's New for 2023
There are a number of exciting updates to the Ford Mustang Mach-E for the 2023 model year. This year, Extended Ranger variants of the Premium eAWD models now boast a total of 290 miles of driving range. That’s an increase of 13 miles. Similarly, last year’s 70 kW Standard Range battery has been replaced with a 72 kWh unit, increasing the range to 226 miles for eAWD models and 250 miles for RWD models. In other news, GT trims now come standard with a panoramic sunroof and shoppers can now opt for two new exterior paint colors – Vapor Blue Metallic and Carbonized Gray Metallic. Finally, GT and Premium trims can now be equipped with a new Mustang Nite Pony package that features unique black wheels and other black exterior trim accents.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Features
No matter which angle you view it from, the Ford Mustang Mach-E features many of the same iconic design cues as the traditional Mustang. Examples of these striking features include a chiseled hood, poised rear haunch design, menacing headlights, and iconic tri-bar tail lamps. Equal parts stylish and functional, clever engineering demonstrates how the Mustang Mach-E makes no compromises on either overall cargo capacity or rear-seat passenger room. Great for your next weekend beach getaway or tailgate party, drivers can use the innovative front trunk compartment that features a drain plug and 4.8 cubic feet of cargo space. A refreshing alternative to the mundane styling on other electric vehicles, the Mustang Mach-E stands out from the crowd. Similar to how the legendary Mustang has captured the hearts of drivers both young and old, the Ford Mustang Mach-E represents the bright future of all-electric performance.
Giving drivers a thrilling new way to experience the exhilaration of the open road, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is available with both standard and extended-range battery configurations along with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive paired with permanent magnet motors. Rear-wheel drive variants equipped with the available extended-range battery can deliver up to an impressive 312 miles of EPA-estimated driving range. Craving more muscle? Step up to the GT or GT Performance Edition for greater capability. For example, the GT Performance Edition delivers 480 horsepower and 634 lb-ft of torque along with a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds. Equally as impressive, you’ll be able to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent in approximately 38-45 minutes using a DC fast charging station. For enhanced performance in extreme weather and faster charge times, the Mustang Mach-E batteries benefit from liquid-cooled technology.
Equally as innovative as its dynamic all-electric powertrain, the interior of the Ford Mustang Mach-E impresses with an outstanding array of technology and connectivity features. The centerpiece of the sleek horizontal dashboard is the most current generation of the SYNC® communications and entertainment system, enhanced with over-the-air software updates and machine-learning capabilities to adapt to the personal needs of the driver. Its jaw-dropping 15.5-inch portrait display includes touch, pinch, and swipe controls that make it as easy to use as your smartphone. Customize the mood at the touch of a button inside the Mustang Mach-E with its ambient interior lighting system. Great for drivers living busy lifestyles, the Mustang Mach-E also boasts a cavernous 59.7 cubic feet of cargo space. Sophisticated, futuristic, and thoroughly modern are just three ways to describe the premium cabin of the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $42,995 MSRP*
- Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 and Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0
- Brembo™ front brake calipers
- Selectable Drive Modes: Engage, Whisper and Unbridled
- E-Latch Push Button Door Openers
- FordPass™ Connect with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Starting at $46,995 MSRP*
- B&O™ Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 9 speakers and subwoofer
- LED projector headlamps with LED signature lighting
- 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front Washer
- SYNC® 4A with Enhanced Voice Recognition
- Panoramic fixed-glass roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) windshield
California Route 1
- Starting at $56,995 MSRP*
- Battery – Extended-range high-voltage
- Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package
- Power-folding sideview mirrors
- Intelligent Access with push-button start
- 18-inch High-Gloss Black-Painted Aluminum with Low-Gloss Black Aero Cover
- Starting at $59,995 MSRP*
- Upgraded Secondary Electric Motor
- Sport Style Front Row Seats with Black Onyx ActiveX™ w/ Miko® upholstery
- Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate
- Unique GT Badging
- 20-inch Cast Aluminum Wheels
*Current MSRP for base vehicle. Excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. All Mustang Shelby GT350® and Shelby® GT350R prices exclude gas guzzler tax.
**Based on full charge. Actual range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.